Lectures, Workshops and Webinars are offered to mental health and coaching organisations/groups wishing to introduce their team to the concept of working online using technology.
Read my guest blog from Liz Barclay about a Workshop given for BACP Coaching Division here!
These one or two-hour presentations are conducted online, with slides and live voice over, allowing for a half hour discussion post-presentation. A chat room element can also be added to enhance delegates learning and enjoyment. The presentations can include (but are not limited to):
- Definitions – what technologies are being used today in mental health and coaching?
- Differences from traditional work – essential theoretical elements
- Differences between chat sessions, email, forums, telephone, VoIP, videoconferencing, virtual reality
- Benefits and limitations of online therapy and coaching
- Essential skills of working online (therapeutic communication)
- Ethical considerations
- Maintaining a responsible Social Media Presence
- The future of Mental Health and Therapy and/or Coaching
- CyberCulture and “iDisorders”
- Working with the e-clinic PlusGuidance
Online Therapy: Theory, Ethics and Practice – day workshop
Because these CPD workshops are bespoke, participants and managers have the opportunity to shape the content to suit their needs. Thus, the exact content is dependent on workshop length, the setting in which participants work and other factors. Also available for Coaches and Coaching Organisations!
Core workshop includes:
- Types of technological delivered interventions
- Theory of online therapeutic practice
- Practice of online therapeutic services (forums, chat, email, audio/VoIP, video, virtual reality, etc)
- Ethical considerations of working online
- Responsible social networking
- Case studies